Scholarship Fund for BIPOC Clinicians
At Kase & CO, we recognize that systemic racism has created many social barriers for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), including a lack of equity in education and certification. As an anti-racist company, we aim to make a difference in our area of practice. That’s why we offer annual scholarships to BIPOC mental health professionals for training and advanced certifications through Kase & CO.
Our Scholarship Fund was created to support BIPOC colleagues to advance in their practice of EMDR. Available scholarships include:
EMDR Basic Training: Full Scholarship – Two full scholarships are available to qualifying BIPOC clinicians for each Basic Training cohort we offer at Kase & CO.
- Valued at $1680
- 50 hours of education per training
- Includes all lectures and consultation
- Available for either live or virtual formats
- Trainees will need to purchase Francine Shapiro’s “Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing” text and print their course training materials.
Upcoming Advanced Trainings and Application Deadlines
Scholarship applications may be sent in at any time but must be submitted at least one month prior to the training you are requesting a scholarship to attend. Applications received after this date will need to be resubmitted for the next available cohort.
Scholarship winners will be notified within 1 week of the cohort’s applications deadline. All applicants will be notified of application status within 10 days of deadline.
Please see the application deadlines below.
EMDR Basic Training Mar/May 2024 | Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
EMDR Basic Training May/Jul 2024 | Application Deadline: April 8, 2024
EMDR Basic Training Jun/Aug 2024 | Application Deadline: May 13, 2024
All application material must be received by 5PM MTN by Application Deadline.
Selection Criteria and Application Details
Scholarship selection will be determined after reviewing all applicants responses. The information required is listed below.
To apply, you can submit your responses, along with a copy of your resume and personal statement here.
- Full name
- City and state
- Email address
- Degree and license, if applicable
- Current profession, work setting and the population you serve
- Do you self-identify as a BIPOC clinician who has been impacted by systemic racism as it relates to your access to fair, quality and advanced educational opportunities?
- Which scholarship and training are you applying for? Please specify training dates or note if you are applying to any open session.
Please share a bit about yourself as a professional.
- What will you do with your advanced training? How will you make a difference in the world with the knowledge you gain?
- Where and with whom will you have the opportunity to directly apply your EMDR learning? (We focus on awarding scholarships to those who have a caseload they can practice with immediately after completing Part 1 of Basic Training.)
- Is there anything else that’s important for us to know as we review your application? (For example, non-profit employment, single-parent income, disability, small business ownership, work with refugee populations, etc.)
Eligibility and Requirements
- Scholarship applicants must be U.S. Residents.
- You must complete your training within one year of being awarded a scholarship.
- Applications will be reviewed and scholarships awarded within one week of the application deadline.
- You may receive only one scholarship from Kase & CO in your lifetime. This allows us to offer opportunities for financial assistance to a greater number of individuals.
- The same cancellation and attendance policies that apply to participants in any training or certification also apply to scholarship recipients.
- If you cancel your attendance for a training where a scholarship was awarded, you may lose your scholarship. We reserve the right to make such determinations on a case-by- case basis, dependent on circumstances and reasons for cancellation. Emergencies, sickness and crises may be exceptions.
Ready to apply?
Once you have all your required information together you can submit your application below.