EMDR Consultant Training
Do you want to become an EMDR consultant, but you aren’t sure where to begin? Perhaps you have dreams of starting your own consulting business, but you need expert guidance and mentorship to find your way. Or maybe you are in search of a professional community of advanced EMDR therapists and are craving connection.
If you want to become an EMDR Consultant, then you are in the right place. Kase & CO is the only EMDR training group in the country that offers an organized and dynamic EMDR consultant internship. Our training program trains you to be a consultant and also provides you with consultation referrals and a professional community. Read on to learn more about our exclusive training program and to apply.
Become an EMDR Consultant with Kase & CO
Being an EMDR Consultant is a specialized and coveted role that provides an opportunity to diversify your business and become an expert in your field. As a complement to your work as a therapist, consulting allows you to stay on top of your field and connected with your peers while also providing a buffer against burnout and professional fatigue.
To become an EMDR Consultant you need to complete all EMDRIA academic requirements, plus consultation hours with consultees, who can often be hard to find. So Kase & CO has solved the challenge of becoming a consultant with our unique Consultant Training internship. Our program includes all consultation hours, 12 CEs, support resources, a professional community, plus consultation referrals. Our CT program meets all EMDRIA requirements and then some (minus direct client hours) to become an EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
What You’ll Learn
- How to be a skilled EMDR consultant
- Mastery of fidelity to the EMDR protocol
- Advanced clinical techniques
- Skills to consult with individuals and groups
- The Kase & CO developmental model of consultation
- How to build a thriving consultation practice
- Best practices for working with specialty populations (addictions, disordered eating, chronic pain, dissociation and more)
- Business and ethics of consultation
- Entrepreneurial skills
What to Expect in Consultant Training
In this training program, we believe the interpersonal process of consultation is just as meaningful as the delivery of academic information. Therefore, we train consultants to master both the academic content and the interpersonal. No other group offers an internship that’s as well-rounded, structured and organized as the one you’ll find at Kase & CO.
Our dynamic Consultant Training experience includes:
- The Kase & CO EMDR Consultant Training Manual
- An online consultant hub with resources and videos
- Monthly consultation-of-consultation with one of our faculty members
- 10 hours of group consultation and 10 hours of individual consultation
- The opportunity to work with multiple Kase & CO faculty members with various specialties
- How to build a thriving consultation practice
- Auditing of Part 1 and Part 2 Basic Training lecture with a Kase & CO training
- Community connection to other CTs in our program
- A group of 6-8 consultees to provide consultation to
If you have clinicians to provide consultation to and do not require a consultee group, we offer a revised training program and cost.
- CT core competencies checklist to track your progress and learning
- 12 CEs to use at any Kase & CO Advanced Trainings
Select any of our advanced trainings to attend to reach your 12 CEs required for the EMDRIA consultant application.
- Business and entrepreneurial skills
Is Becoming an EMDR Consultant
Right for You?
Becoming an EMDR Consultant requires more than knowledge of EMDR protocols and techniques, because there are certain attributes and characteristics that make up a quality consultant. We’re in search of applicants who possess the following attributes and who are willing to further grow in these areas.
- Clinical knowledge and expertise
- Skill in client care and supervision/mentoring of others
- Teaching, mentoring or supervisory experience
This is an asset, though not a requirement.
- A kind, strengths-based approach to offering feedback
- A strong capacity for holding space for clinicians and their vulnerabilities
- Respect for the field and profession
If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply!
The Consultant Training internship program is an investment in your business that can open doors in your professional life. Therefore, the value of the resources, community, consultees, consultation practice hours, and ongoing support is priceless. We estimate you would only need to take two clinicians through the entire certification process to reclaim the cost of your investment. Upon completing the internship, you will have met all requirements to submit your application to become an EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
Multiple payment options are available, including monthly installments for no additional fee.
A $300 discount applies if you pay in full at time of registration.
A $300 discount applies if you don’t require consultees to be provided through Kase & CO.
- Individual consultation-of-consultation
Valued at $1700: 10 required hours at $170 per hour
- Group consultation-of-consultation
Valued at $600: 10 required hours at $60 per hour
- Basic Training lecture
Valued at $800 for Parts 1 and 2
- 12 EMDRIA credits
Valued at $450
- 2 consultation group shadowing experiences with Kase & CO faculty
- Consultant training manual
- Group of consultees to work with
- Consultant hub with resources, protocols and videos
- Access to Kase & CO consultant community
- This training course is valued at over $4000
EMDRIA requires that CTs complete requirements within two years, however the components of our internship can be completed in as little as 12 months. We’re available to discuss your professional goals and time considerations, and to identify an anticipated date of completion together.
We believe in the immense value of our Consultant Training program, and we look forward to receiving your application.