EMDR Recent Events & Early Interventions
Are you looking for a to the point course on EMDR & recent events? Well, this is your course! We have consolidated the most important and up to date techniques for working with early interventions into one 6 hour webinar! Learn EMDR interventions to apply amongst the 8 phases of EMDR when responding to recent traumatic events. This course includes lecture, case vignettes, and experiential practice of resourcing techniques. Learn stabilization techniques and the 3 most commonly used recent event protocols!
This course is eligible for EMDR clinicians who have completed Basic Training. This course qualifies for 6 CEs.
This EMDR-based on-demand course reviews key techniques for applying EMDR therapy to recent traumatic events. Participants will develop a framework for case conceptualization to determine client readiness for EMDR interventions. We will review common presentations following a recent traumatic event and how to determine client readiness for EMDR interventions. We will review five resourcing techniques for stabilization following a recent traumatic event.
Trainees will learn EMD and EMDr, as these techniques are commonly applied interventions with recent events presentations. Participants will learn how EMD and EMDr may be applied to promote stabilization or within a recent event protocol. We will learn the three most commonly utilized EMDR protocols for processing recent traumatic events: REP, R-TEP, and PRECI. We will review case vignettes to apply theory to practice and integrate learning.
This course is available for on-demand viewing
through the Kase & CO learning platform.
- Investigate research on EMDR with early trauma intervention, recommendations and contraindications.
- Assess readiness for EMDR phases when working with clients who’ve experienced recent traumatic events.
- Develop the clinical acumen to choose between resourcing and stabilization techniques, constricted processing and full protocols for processing recent events.
- Practice at least two techniques for distress management.
- Practice at least two techniques for increasing dual awareness.
- Formulate an EMDR treatment plan for recent traumatic events and differentiate from standard EMDR protocol.
- Review of the adaptive information processing model
- The need for recent event interventions
- Conceptualization of memory storage for recent events
- Phase 1 & recent events: common presentations following a recent event; review of the window of tolerance from the lens of Polyvagal Theory; contraindications for EMDR protocols; case conceptualization and treatment planning
- Phase 2 & recent events: preparation techniques and interventions to use with and without bilateral stimulation (BLS); 5 specific techniques are taught and reviewed
- EMDR protocols:
- Constricted Processing Protocols:
Learn EMD & EMDr; learn what they are, how and when to use them
- Review a case vignette as related to these techniques
- Watch a video example of these techniques
- Constricted Processing Protocols:
- Learn the 3 EMDR recent event protocols:
- Review the contraindications and limitations of these technique
- Review research as related to these protocols
- Learn the Recent Event Protocol (REP)
- Learn the Recent Traumatic Experience Protocol (R-TEP)
- Learn the Protocol for Recent Critical Incidents (PRECI)
- Compare the 3 protocols
- Review case vignettes to bring it all together
Payment is accepted via credit or debit card.
About Your Trainer, Rebecca Kase
Kase & CO Founder Rebecca Kase is recognized as one of the foremost EMDR trainers in the U.S. An LCSW, professional EMDR consultant and trainer, and a registered yoga teacher, Rebecca has been practicing in the field of trauma counseling since 2006. She’s an expert in working with complex trauma and dissociation and has practiced in both nonprofit and private settings. In her own therapy practice, Rebecca incorporates yoga therapy, ego states, somatic approaches, Polyvagal Theory and EMDR into her work with clients, which includes veterans and adults with Complex PTSD. Rebecca is known as a skillful, clear and enthusiastic teacher. She’ll keep you engaged and make you giggle, even in an online trauma training course!
To register for this course, you must have completed Parts 1 and 2 of EMDR Basic Training.
6 CEs are available upon completion of all course material.
Kase & CO is an approved continuing education provider. NBCC and EMDRIA CEs are available for this course. This course is not currently approved for APA CEs.
Participants must complete the full training to receive credit.
Cancellations requested more than 48 hours prior to the live training are eligible for a refund, minus a $20 administrative fee. Cancellation requests can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds are not available for cancellations requested after the recorded video is available on-demand.
Kase & CO has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7033. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Kase & CO is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Kase & CO is an EMDRIA Approved Training Provider. Kase & CO Courses are individually approved. CE Certificate will contain course approval number.
Are you ready to connect?